ome of us say “I love you” more easily than others but when he says “I love you,” sometimes it means a little more than just those three words. It depends on the context where the words are uttered and, of course, the unique relationship between the two people.
Those three words mean so much, but sometimes, they simply do more justice than spelling it all out for you. Here’s what it means when he says I love you, and how each utterance means something different.
1. When you lose a loved one
He can’t make it better for you, so when he says he loves you, he’s really saying, “I wish I could make the hurt go away.” He wants to eliminate your pain but instead can only offer his love and himself.
2. When you two are fighting
If he tells you he loves you as you two are fighting, there are a few things he may be trying to say:
- Please stop thinking about why you’re mad and let me charm you.
- I want the fighting to stop.
- It’s okay if we don’t see eye-to-eye; I still love you anyway
What Does It Mean To You?