Is your love interest or partner/spouse having a bad day? How can you help, if at all?
You can do a lot to make your person’s day better. Of course, a lot depends on the person and his or her coping style, but here are some great ideas– steps to take, when your loved one has had a rough day.
For me, a York Peppermint Patty or Godiva doesn’t hurt. Not to mention a massage!
However, everyone is different:
- Lend an ear: Some people just need to talk out their bad day. Give your lover an ear or two …
- Give some space: Some people need to be alone to grumble a bit, think or just be alone. Sometimes the act of giving space is a very kind one.
- Offer a massage, hug or cuddle time: Physical touch is very transformative, however, you know your partner’s “touch” needs more than anyone. Some folks need that hug. Others need a bed session. Others need to be alone.
- Make it sweet: A special treat, like some chocolate or a favorite pastry can make someone feel good.
- Lessen the person’s load: Can you cook dinner? Can you do a chore or errand to help this person get some time to breathe?
- Motivate some actions: If the person needs advice or is having trouble making decisions and wants your help, kick start this person into action!
- Soothe with a bath or foot massage.
- Relax with this person: How about a movie in bed or a drink together?
Life is short. Make your partner, love interest or catch’s bad day better by being a help, not a hurt.
X’s and O’s,