In a world where attention spans are about 0.2 seconds long and everyone has an agenda, running into a stranger and sparking a connection is really rare.
What are the chances of you meeting someone at Target or the corner deli?
They’re low but still– possible.
Can you remember the day you met someone special still?
Do you recall every detail by heart? Do you remember how you felt when you saw that person’s face or heard that person’s voice for the first time?
If you answered yes– that’s a gift.
It is so rare that we have these special moments and even more rare to find people that we have special connections with.
It’s a shame that so many of us take the people we love for granted. That so many people don’t appreciate all that we have.
If this is you (and it’s quite possible that it is) ask yourself the following things:
- How often have you met someone so special that the moment lives on in your head?
- How recently did you tell this person how special they are?
- How often do you show gratitude or appreciation for this person?
- In your mind, how many people have compared or even come close to this special person?
- Do you believe that you really cherish and respect the person in question?
Consider your answers. Consider how you show the person you care … or how you show the person that you don’t care.
Every day is a gift. Be present. Be available. Before it’s gone.